25 March 2011

Guy Meets Gal-veston

I'm really excited about getting to try out all the fun colors in the new Texas collection by OPI. Even though it's mostly reds/pinks/oranges (and I need another warm colored polish like I need a hole in my head) I still always find myself in search of more. When I first saw the collection online I was really drawn to San Tantonio, Big Hair Big Nails, Guy Meets Galveston and Don't Mess With OPI. I ended up only buying Guy Meets Galveston and Austin-tatious Turquoise (review coming soon!) because they were all sold out of San Tantonio and I ended up not liking the shade of Don't Mess With OPI in person - a little too dark for my current spring-transition colors obsession. Also, I wanted to make sure I really liked the "sorbet" finish before I committed to Big Hair Big Nails.


Guy Meets Gal-veston 


This is my current favorite color. Seriously, I am in LOVE with this polish. In the bottle, it looks a little more red to me than it comes out. The reason I picked it up still was because there was a little nail swatch in the store that showed the true coral color. When I got the chance to put it on and saw just how sheer one coat is, I was really excited. I know, a lot of people/other bloggers are saying it's a little too sheer and you have to use at least three coats to get any kind of opaqueness, but I happen to think it's a perfect spring/summer color. It's bright without being too harsh against my still-pale-from-winter skin tone. I have on three coats in this picture because I really wanted to get a bright pop of color with the outfit I was wearing today, but I'm thinking about re-doing it with just two coats for a lighter, more spring feel. The jelly/sorbet finish is really really great and I can't wait to see what it looks like with Big Hair Big Nails or even Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?


Let me know how you've liked OPI's take on jelly finishes, or any other colors you've really loved from this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment