29 March 2011

I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

Let me start off with apologizing for how horrible my nails looked in that last post - I just read over it again and was totally grossed out. Never again!

Anyway, when I first saw the Texas collection I automatically wrote off both It's Totally Fort Worth It and I Vant To Be A-Lone Star simply because I'm not a big fan of silvery polishes. After reading a few reviews on the collection however, I decided to go back and get I Vant To Be A-Lone Star because I didn't realize how blue it actually was. I don't currently own any colors like it and I've had my eye on Sea Spray by China Glaze for awhile now and saw that some people/bloggers had compared the two. So all of that paired with my current spring colors obsession it quickly turned into a must-have polish!

I Vant To Be A-Lone Star
 

Is it just me or is it weird that the name is "I Vant..." and not "I Want..."? Is there some sort of reference I'm missing here? Either way, in the bottle you can totally tell this is a pearly color. My bottle actually had like ribbons of silver running through it which looked really cool. When I went back to buy it, I felt totally dumb for not noticing it before - I LOVE this polish. It goes on so well (but would you expect any less from OPI?) and I only used a third coat to ensure the color stood out enough. I decided to spice it up a little though by using Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips on my ring fingers in Blue Ice (review on this product coming soon!). I wore it to work today and got tons of compliments - I love adding fun little touches to otherwise plain manicures. I also love how shiny this polish is straight from the bottle - I didn't even use a top coat in the picture and it looks so good!


Hope everyone is enjoying the Texas collection so far - I obviously am!

Are there any polishes that you wrote off only to go back and fall in love with? Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment